Saturday, January 26, 2013

Back!!


Well here I am alive and back from my Euro Trip. What a grand time it was…. I have 2,478 pictures to sort through, 9 cities to blog about, and 22 days worth of stories to share with you. For now I will start with a bit of this and that. 

Like the fact that Couchsurfing comes highly recommended. You see I originally decided to surf this past trip because I didn’t fancy staying in a Hostel every city. Don’t get me wrong I love Hostels but I was going to be gone for nearly a month and I enjoy meeting people but sometimes it’s hard to do in Hostels. So I had heard about couch surfing from someone and I decided to look into it. I had planned on going half hostels half couches. But when I got into looking for hosts and everything then I was like oh my gosh I want to surf every city. So I started looking in the middle of November for all my couches. To those who want an easy accommodation set up, couchsurfing is not for you. It took a lot of messages and talking and planning to set up where I was staying. It was a challenge but I’m really happy I did it. My hosts were fantastic, except one, but that’s a different post. Couchsurfing turned travelling into something else. Before I just stayed at the Hostels, I was there by sun down and went to bed early to wake up early to see the city. Having a host that knew the city was always a bonus. They can steer you in the right direction for travel cards, places to eat, and hidden sites. Surfing made my trip into something else, something cooler then how I had travelled before.

So where exactly did I go you ask?

New Years in Madrid

Then to visit Ana in Murcia

And Barcelona to see Lenka

Then Budapest

And Brussels

Pisa

Florence

Lucca

And lastly Rome!

Boy was it a blast but damn was I tired when I got home. There’s something about travelling that takes it out of you. I’m happy to be home now though. I had one day to rest before heading back to work. My jetlag is currently working in my favour as I work at 6h00 everyday and have a 15 minute drive the whole my body wakes my up around 4h30 isn’t such a devastating thing now. I rather enjoy it, so thank you jetlag for working in my favour. 
Now strap yourselves in and prepare for some epic blog posts on all things Europe and travel!
Cheers,

No comments: