Thursday, January 29, 2015

12 Flights 7 Week: Introduction

I would like to pat myself on the back! Why? Because during my most recent adventure abroad I posted 8 blogs in 7 weeks. Not to shabby right? Especially for me when my normal blogs are touch and go.

Now that I’ve caught you all up on my insane travels out west in a PG sort of way it’s time to move onto the fun bits!

This is where I try to entice you into reading the next bundle of blogs by making the whole escapade sound epic as fuck.

Side note it was epic as fuck!

I in 7 weeks I…
Took 12 flights
Set foot in 8 countries
Saw 15 cities
Rode 7 trains
Took the metro 6 times
Took 19 buses
Took 8 taxis
Rode 1 Camel
Couchsurfed 5 times
Lost 1 debit card
Got stuck in 1 snow storm
Got detained at the border 2 times
And got deported 0 times!

Fun highlights? Well you’ll get to hear about my week long sickness in Morocco. Hiking 20 kilometers through the Mid-Atlas mountains. Shenanigans with two of my besties in Rome. Spending my last 20 Lei on a night out in Romania. Getting put in the stocks in Edinburgh. Meeting up with my housemates from Limerick! And all the Christmas Markets!!!!!!!!! Serisouly I cannot press upon you how much I fucking love Christmas Markets!

So where did I go you ask?




London. Salisbury and Stonehenge. Bath. London. Marrakesh. Merzouga. Azrou. Fez. London. Rome. Edinburgh. Dublin (for 7 hours). Madrid. Getafe. Barcelona. Bucharest. London. Reykjavik.

As you all know these blogs will either be posted in rapid fire or well maybe 6 months late. In my defense I was only home from Utah 5 weeks before I jetted off across the Atlantic. It was a sort of accidental trip. I had been aiming for about 4 weeks in the end of November. But I found really cheap tickets via Icelandair that would send me away for 7 weeks… so I booked them on the 19th of October and left October 30th. Obviously in the long run I would have saved money if I had invested in the more expensive tickets but whatever. I saw new places. Ticked off a new continent and met new friends!

Picture highlight time!



















Cheers,


No comments: