Saturday, July 27, 2013

Adventure 2013: Bondi Beach

I could have lumped this into my Sydney post since Bondi Beach is a suburb of Sydney… but you see Bondi has it’s own fond place in my heart now. Naturally I had to give it a whole post of it’s own. 

I had been maybe sort of planning on going back to Big Hostel to stay my last night in Sydney. But Charles had suggested I go see Bondi Beach. And I’d heard that it was a pretty cool place to go from a few other people I just hadn’t gone because it was kind of out of the way and you had to take a bus there. But I figured why not I’ll make it an adventure.

My first step to getting to Bondi was taking the Manly Ferry. Out of the way hells yeah. But that was another thing I had heard was the thing to do in Sydney. Since I was already on the north shore of the harbour it wasn’t that hard to get over there. You see as I stood there waiting for the bus into city centre I saw there was also a bus to Manly. So I was like F it I’ll start at Manly. 









It was so worth it! The views from the ferry were amazing!

And it’s always the best feeling to be on the water. It’s just so clearing and lovely when you’re on a boat. I bought a bus ticket to Bondi and took the 333 bus right into the heart of Bondi. I had googled hostels on the ferry and there was a cheap one I was tried to find close to the beach. I couldn’t so I ended up going to the first one I had passed. Bondi Backpackers. It was right on the main road. And the only thing between the front door and the beach was the street and the beach parking lot. Here’s a view from the boardwalk. My hostel is up there in the middle of those buildings.

It wasn’t the nicest of hostels but it did the job. I just needed somewhere to sleep.  Because really Bondi was such a cute place that I was happier being out and about.

My first order of business was to go on a cliff walk. It was really pretty! Like so pretty. A wee bit of a work out but worth it.













I put my feet in the Pacific for the first time. And it was warm considering it was winter.

Then I found dinner aka a muffin and coffee and sat out to watch the sun set.



It was as I sat on a bench breathing the sea air that I decided I was going to move to Sydney. Well more specifically Bondi Beack. It’s still my plan by the way. I’m manifesting the money and everything lining up so that I can move there in May. 

After breathing a bit more fresh air I went back to my hostel and cuddled up for sleep.

Originally I had wanted to drive from Sydney to Gold coast. When I had told Charles that I was going to drive he was like even I wouldn’t attempt that. Now mind you Charles loves driving, it’s his favourite mode of transport. so when he said he wouldn’t try driving in Australia, because they drive on the opposite side of the road, I let it get in my head. So I had booked a cheap plane ticket up. And it was cool because my hostel arranged a cheap airport shuttle for me. But since I wasn’t due to take off till about 15h40 I had till 13h30 to see more of Bondi. 

I walked around a bit more. Then as I was climbing around on the rocks I was struck with the urge to take off my shoes and hop in the water. So I rolled my pants up and waded around on the rocks enjoying the water and just chilling out for a long while. When I was dried and had my shoes back on I grabbed a bite to eat before fetching my suitcase and heading to the airport.
















The final stage of my adventure was about to begin. I had thought things were winding down… little did I know the best was yet to come.

Cheers,



No comments: