Wednesday, June 22, 2011

And What Have You Done With Your Month?


I’ve been back in Jersey for one month and five days now. It’s strange really being here and not feeling at home. I’ve been working furiously on finishing my manuscript to send to DAW. But more importantly then that I’ve been looking for a place to live in London. You see I need an address before I can apply for my visa… so this makes me quite frantic. True I have 77 days till I plan to be in London but I like to be well prepared. So I’ve been searching the net for cheap, decent flats. Currently it looks like I’m getting a place Lexham Gardens in South Kensington. Pretty sweet right? I’m just working on the finer points of the lease with my *crosses fingers* future land lord. I feel pretty grown up right now.

I mean I’ve lived with my parents for 20 years now. I’ve never had to think about rent and if my minimum wage job will cover rent and food and cell phone bill and other such things. I’ve been trying to come up with a budget to follow. This is sort of hard since my mum need to know the USD value for everything so conversions are called for. It’s all a jumble of numbers in my head and thank god my parents are paying tuition.

What else have I been doing? As I mentioned, lots of edits getting put in. I’m nearly done. I’ll be printing it next week and sending it out as soon as I have enough money to send it. As this has taken me 6 years to get to this spot I am quite proud of myself. And I’m finally ready to let it go and send it into the world.

A month of doing two little things? Wrong. I cleaned out and set up the guest room. Why? Because my Czech housemate from last semester and my Nebraska friend came to visit. More on their visit to come in another blog… which is coming right up!!

Cheers,

No comments: