Sunday, December 23, 2012

The Time Draws Near


Well the time draws near… my departure… it seems I’ve neglected to inform you all properly that I’ll be going back to Europe. You see I’ve been planning this trip since about October. It’s gone through a lot of changes but I’ve finally got a solid itinerary…. Where do you ask am I going? 

Madrid for New Years
Then to visit my Spanish Sister In Murcia
Then to visit my Czech housemate who’s working in Barcelona
Next I’m off to Budapest
And Brussels (to see my favourite picture ever!!)
Last is a mini Italy tour, I’ll be seeing Pisa, Lucca, Florence and Rome.

9 cities in 22 days! You’re thinking it’s going to cost me an arm and a leg right? Wrong. I’m spending a little over $1800. How is this possible?! I spent a month and a half looking for tickets over. I only spent $875 on my round trip ticket to Madrid. That’s the most expensive ticket I bought. My next most expnsive ticket I bought was my flight from Rome to Madrid to catch my flight home.. It was a whopping $60 including tax and everything.  Everything else was under $40. Whoot! Thank you Ryanair. 

But anyone who’s flown Ryanair knows the 10kilo curse!! It’s way too expensive to check a bag on Ryanair, seriously I’m not going to pay like $45 dollars every flight to travel with extra shit. So I’m backpacking. I’ll have everything I need in my backpack and make it weigh less then 10 kilos (aka 22 pounds). How is this going to be possible? Easy peasy… maybe. I’ve gotten a lot of cool new gear to go with me so I’m really excited to try it out and see if they’re really as good as they seem. But the gear shall be for another blog… aka I don’t have pictures right now and am too lazt/ tired to go take some. 

I’m also able to travel cheap because I’m couch surfing. I’ve heard some great stories about it but never had the chance to try it out yet. So here’s the perfect time!! I can’t wait to stay with locals and have an inside view of cities and get to know more then just the tourist perspective. Plus I’m hoping I can pick my host’s brains about stuff. I’m really excited for this trip and it’s going to be hard waiting 8 days to leave!! Let the count down begin!!

Cheers,

No comments: