Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Packing Like a Champ


Since I leave in four days I figured I should pack… so today I packed. Now packing for this trip was interesting. You see I’m flying Ryanair, a discount airline. This means that I’ve only got one carry on, my backpack. And said carry on can only weigh 10 Kilos (about 23 pounds). I’ll be gone for 22 days and need to pack everything I need into my pack. Can this be done? Of course!
Here’s everything I wanted to pack.

And my small items.

What’s my packing list?
Cell phone
Camera
Nook
Chargers
Converter
Roll up flats
Brita water bottle
Tissues
Mini first aid kit
Goddess cards
Shampoo
Conditioner
Body wash
Pen
Journal
Toothbrush
Toothpaste
Deodorant 
Q-Tips
Mini Flashlight
Lint roller
Tape
Face lotion
Lotion Bar
Makeup

A tip for chargers. You see I’ve got three chargers I need along.

And they would each have taken up a lot of room but lucky for me they all have a USB chord so I only needed one USB hub to accommodate all of them and saved room. 

See!
Now onto the clothes. I’ll be gone nearly a month and I’m happy I’m one of those girls where life isn’t a fashion show. If it was I’m sure I’d be screwed trying to backpack. Instead of good looking clothes I went for clothes I could layer.

My packing list for clothes is thus:
Pants- 3 (1 jean, 1 yoga type pants, 1 leggings)
Shirts- 7 (3 long sleeves, 3 tanks, 1 sleep shirt/ long sleeve)
Sleep pants
Underwear- 8
Bras- 2
Scarf
Buff
Rain Jacket
Long Sleeve light weight jacket
Travel dress
Leg Warmers
Socks- 4 pairs

So I organized them into to categories… 

you must be thinking how is that all going to fit? Well last week I went to EMS and bought a lovely thing called a compression sack!! It’s the red thing huddled in the top right of the first picture of my clothes. So I piled all my clothes in, and my wash cloth and mini towel and bed sack. And sinced it down! Tada!! 

My phone is there so you get a size reference. Needless to say I’m so excited that it gets so small. And it fits lovely in the bottom of my pack and everything ellse packs in easily on top and there’s still room to spare. Plus check out the scale!

UNDER WEIGHT!!!! Huzzah! More souvenir shopping for me! Now I’m even more excited about going. And I’ve been talking to my hosts to get an idea of the weather and how warmly I should pack (very in some cases). It seems almost surreal to think that I’m leaving soon. 

Now with Ryanair you’ve got to check in and print your boarding pass before you get to the airport. So today I went online to print my first one from Ana’s house to Barcelona to meet Lenka. So I breezed right through sure that I had it right and had double checked it all… then I took a look at my boarding pass

What’s wrong here? Well for starters I’m not from Uruguay. So tomorrow I’ve got to get up early and call the help line and get it fixed all proper like. We’ll see how it goes. Wish me luck!

Oh I nearly forgot... we're also in the middle of a snow storm. It better clear up before I leave!





Take off in 4 days!

Cheers, 

No comments: