Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Depression Solved

I’ve been depressed for over a month now. It’s been the worst month of my life! I don’t think I ever experienced such anxiety and depression before… and just when I saw that the end was a mere 3 weeks away… everything was suddenly solved.


What could possibly make someone such as me depressed? Simple. I waited patiently for many long years now for one thing. I diligently followed Pat’s blog only to be devastated to find that I was going to be out of the country for the release of The Wise Man’s Fear!!!!

Now it’s no secret the Patrick Rothfuss is my favorite author. I’m in love with The Name of The Wind and I waited and waited to hear news of Wise Man’s Fear. When Pat announced the release date back in the fall I was so excited! Then I got accepted to my study abroad program and immediately became sad as I realized that I would miss the release. I wasn’t sure if the release date was the same over here so I told my brother to bring it when he came on spring break and he promised me he would.

Then he didn’t and that’s when my depression set in!! to make matters worse I had to read all the good stuff Pat was posting about the book. So every time I was in city centre and by a bookstore I would go in and search fruitlessly for it. Until today!!!!

I was on my way out of O’Mahonys on O’Connell street, quite depressed, and I look to the left and what do I see? The missing piece of my soul that I have been searching for! The fear that I would have to wait till I got home to read it was banished and I snatched it off the shelf (yes snatched it was the last copy and I NEEDED it). My friend I was with just looks at me oddly as I hug the book to my chest and smile and start babbling about how I’ve been searching for this and how amazing Pat is and how amazing this book will be. The lady behind the counter also looks at me weird as she informs me a lot of people have been looking for the book. As I open my wallet to fetch the money I almost have a heart attack as I see that I have 2 €5 and I started panicking. I was €4.99 short! Freaking out I started looking in another pocket and found €3 in coins and I was about to ask my friend for a Euro when low and behold I could another and triumphantly bought my precious baby.
Look at how cute it is….

And check out all 994 pages of it!!

So I’ve got a lot of reading to do. Plus….my depression on not being able to enter Pat’s photo contest is gone. I now have the book and it is going on spring break with me to Greece and Rome. True it might be half of my luggage weight allowance but it will be worth it!!

And now I bid the world good bye as I am going to stick my nose into this amazing book and not emerge until I have thoroughly dented into it!!

Cheers,

No comments: