Friday, April 25, 2014

Blog Challenge Accepted!

Well........... This is embarrassing.

Long time no see...........

Like a realllllly long time.

I’d like to say I’ve been doing a lot of really fun things and I’ve been overwhelmingly busy. But that would mostly be a lie. I’ve been doing normal every day person things. And in order to not totally give up on this blog I have given myself a 10 day blog challenge. I’m going to post every day for the next 10 days. And if I don’t you all can shame me with nastiness.
So this is day one! And I think I’ll just catch you up a bit.

I’ve been milling about mostly. Doing all kinds of fun unemployed things. I babysit two times a week so I have play money. Play money I have put to good use. I got a new compy because my other one fell down the stairs.


Sad right? Well I got my sexy new Mac…


His name if Felix…. Felix Felicis. Because he’s my little bit of inspirational luck I need. Since I spent money on a very nice new mac I shamed myself into doing work because well why buy a new computer if you don’t use it. It’s been fun exercising a privilege I had been denied for like 2 years… battery power! I shot my gateway battery when I lived in France. So it’s nice to be able to unplug and work outside…


Or in my room....


Or wherever I want really. I love it!

That brings me to the writing. I’ve taken it back up. And hardcore this time. I’d been on and off editing my last complete manuscript. It was 394 pages and I was so proud of it. But I sat down one night and I was thinking about how flat it really was and I thought back to some writing advice I’d read on Laini Taylor’s blog. She had said to throw out the draft and start over and when I’d first read it I was like “that’s insanity! All that hard work down the drain! Never would I do it!” But as I sat looking at my old manuscript I was thinking a lot on characters. I wanted to take out a main character, change the gender of another and cut out a huge scene that introduced an important character. As I started thinking on how great these changes would be I started thinking on how much work it would be to nit pick it all apart and change it scene by scene. So I said fuck it and opened a blank document and started from scratch.

It is the best decision I have made in ages. Because so far it’s really shaping up to be an epic rewrite! I’m 115 pages aka about 50,000 words in and it’s honestly something I’m starting to get proud of. I’ve toughened up a character and just made him a badass because I can. So I have three weekly activates really. I babysit two days. Go to the gym everyday. And write when I’m at home. Sometimes I write while I babysit too. I’m back to my writer mode and I must say I’ve missed it. So it’s nice to get back.

Lately I have had a few fun adventures. I went to Boston last month to see Pat Rothfus. Boston was amazing! I don’t know how I’ve over looked it for so long. And last night I was in South Hadley to see Laini Taylor. I’ll catch you all up on those adventures as well as my DC foray in like February.  So I’ve done a wee bit of travel. But not the travel I really yearn for. As I’m unemployed and loving it international travel and/or living will have to wait a bit longer.

I also got 2 new dogs last week! So I’ve been busy walking them and cuddling them and making sure they get along nicely with my other dogs. So far so good. And they are just the cutest things ever!




Just precious right? The chocolate coat is Posy. and Angus is the Isabella coat. 

And this weekend I’m taking a trip to south Jersey to hang out with my older brother and get a new tatt! I’m so pumped!

And that’s the quick version of everything. More to come for the next 9 days! I can do this!


Cheers,


No comments: