Sunday, April 27, 2014

New Tattoo!

Day 3 of my Blog Challenge

Another quickie post since I’m tired and have to be up early to babysit.

My weekend was great thanks for asking!

Spencer and I hung out with his housemates last night around the fire. It was great craic. And today we went off to get my tatt done on my right forearm…

Amazing right?
Chris Shockley at Empire Tattoo did it for me.

I had given him the idea and he drew it up. Originally I wanted it to be a quote, now it’s a rad representation of it. I’m a big It’s a Wonderful Life fan. And when George is waiting at the train station for Harry to come back from Uni he asks his uncle what the three most exciting sounds in the world are.  Anchor chains, plane motors, and train whistles!

When Chris originally showed me the sketch I was like eek so not what I was thinking and I asked Spencer what he thought (because he’s my tattoo expert). And he liked it so I took the plunge and was like sure it’s cool. And then the more he worked on it the cooler it got and now I’m so in love with it. Spencer said I sat like a champ but the last 2 colours were hell!! I took most of it in stride but gosh those last two were the worst they just hurt all over. This was also the longest I’d sat for a tatt before it was about two and a half hours. But it’s epic as hell! Now to stay hydrated and watch it heal to perfection!


Cheers,

No comments: