Sunday, August 16, 2015

Feelings-sick

These last two days have been a bit shit for me. And it's been drama from home that's been bringing me down. And the fact that my dad told me that my dog Charles got out of the house and got picked up by animal control and had to get a rabies booster. It worries me there because my dog Sydney got really sick after her rabies booster and we had to put her down as a result. So I've been upset and stressed over that. And it's thrown in a tinge of homesickness to my trip.

But I was thinking about it a bit because I don't actually have a home to be homesick about. My dad is moving in a few week (before I get home) so the house I left I'll never be going back too... So I'm not really homesick for a place... I'm more Feelings-sick. 

I'm homesick for that feeling of comfort of seeing your friends or cuddling up with your dogs. 

I'm homesick for a familiar face and the feeling of being safe.

Now it's not to say I don't feel safe traveling because I do. But you just sleep a bit on edge when you're in a room with strangers. You know. And my dad hasn't been diligent at all about sending me puppy updates. My mum on the other had has been grand... But i really want to see Charles and Will.

And that doesn't even start to cover the whole missing Jameson thing. Because FaceTime is like a bandaid. It doesn't make the missing him easier it just makes it less while we're talking. After I have to hang up I'm mopey for a while. The same goes for talking with my mum or Kelly but well not as clingy missy.

I always get a bit of this thing called "homesick" when I travel. Sometimes it hits me early in a trip. Other times it makes the last week a teary mess for me. But this time it's hit me earlyish... or maybe it's already half way through my trip. I've been away for nearly 3 weeks now. Who knows if I'll make it another 3. I really don't know. My plans are all over the place and crazy and constantly changing. It's fun but at the same time... I just want to lay in bed and have a lazy day. Or walk around without pants on. Or stay up really late and write and not worry about missing breakfast. 

I'm missing a lot of the small things right now. So I'm doing my best to do what I always do and just suck it up. I'm hoping London will set me straight. I'm headed off at 6:40 tomorrow morning for my favourite city! I'll have lunch in Trafalgar and grin like an idiot. Hopefully a good dose of London will kick my feelings-sickness for a while. And if it doesn't then at least this trip isn't forever. I'll be heading home, where ever it may be, in a few weeks.

But before I can think of home I need London. It's my unhealthy addiction... Or maybe it is healthy... well either way I love London!

Cheers,

No comments: