Thursday, August 13, 2015

Oslo: Round 1

What have I been up to in my blog silence? Well today in day 8 in Oslo. But only my second day exploring the city. I was out of city centre in Ris watching the kids. We ventured into the city to see Frogner park and the Vigeland sculpture park. 







And this angry baby is the most popular... why?!


There are some other pretty cool ones (Better non lopsided pictures to come).



There was also a cool kids playground there that the kids played on. And it was cool as hell but I swear America is over protective of their children because some of that equipment would not me allowed in the US. 

My first sort of site seeing was Sunday. I met up with a friend and he took me around Oslo on his motorcycle. 


We went up to the sky jump area....


Then drove out to admire the scenery. And guess what there are beaches in Oslo!



And it was so pretty!

Then it was back to the kids. And it came time to pack them up. I said good-bye to the family yesterday morning. We pulled it off with minimal tears. Then it was into the city I went! After grabbing a tourist map I made my way around city centre!

To preface all the lopsided/ slightly askew pictures I'd like everyone to know the screen on my camera is busted so my usual walking and picture taking is a lot less straight...

First stop... The Opera House!









A few fun facts about this building, it's marble and glass... you can walk on the roof.
The building boasts three stages and a total of 1,100 rooms.

Also it's fun to walk up and the view is nice and the weather was amazing so it was nice to just sit up there and catch a tan.

 I had my pack with me all day so by the time lunch time I had seen all that Karl Johans Gate had to offer..











So I stretched out in the park by the Royal Palace.


 I was journaling when I promptly fell asleep. And I took an hour and a half nap. I woke up to find my nice patch of shade had moved and my face now sports the nicest sunburn! But I didn't realise that till I was writing later in the evening and rubbed my forehead only to have it sting. Today I look like a legit tourist.

But it made me think. Normally I don't travel to Europe in the summer. I usually go on the off season. This is in fact my first Summer European adventure! 

Then I wandered down to the docks and took up residence at the Espresso House there where I wrote till they closed.


And took to the streets once again! For night time pictures!








I lolly gaged a whole bunch before finally settling down for the night and getting some sleep. But I didn't really sleep. I ended up bothering my friends at home and I got up early. Like 7h00 early. And I figured why not go see the sites again because everything looks so quaint in the morning light. Plus the sky is blue today so everything looks so pretty!




See this just back's up my theory that everything in Norway is  beautiful. The country and mountains are gorgeous. Bergen was adorable and now Oslo is adorable as well!!! It's not fair!!! I'm seriously in love with this country. I'm going to have to log it into my top three countries. It's only being beaten out by America (Obviously) and Ireland. 

So I'm going to do a bit more writing then head over to the castle and have a stroll around. 

Cheers,

No comments: