Saturday, November 13, 2010

WorldBuilder and Apolo Ohno

Okay so this is just going to be a quickie because I feel the over powering need to get some serious writing done! Two things really… First off I love how Patrick Rothfuss has the means to make my day with a bog post. But seriously go check out his blog, T-Shirt designs are up to be voted on! I’m so excited! I’m tots def going to buy one when they come out!!!!! And since Pat is so freaking AMAZING WordlBuilder 2010 has started. Incase you’ve never heard of it head over to Pat’s blog… check it out. A quick blurb about it from me is Every year Pat gets a bunch of totally cool signed books and what not from famous authors. And for every $10 you donate you get entered into the lottery for these things. And Pat (along with other sponsors) will match the donations. And allt he donations go to the Heifer Project. Pat explains it a heck of a lot better on his site. So check it out and donate, cause I am!




And secondly I’m totally addicted to Apolo Ohno’s book. Go buy it! Incase you ive under a rock and haven’t heard of it. It’s call Zero Regrets; Be Greater Than Yesterday. And basically it’s epic and inspiring and the things that he says…… I could just rant on and on but I’ll spare you and just post a few of his quotes and you’ll get the picture all on your own.


“Zero regrets. It’s philosophy not just about sport but about life. School, business, academics, love - anything and everything. It’s complicated and yet not. You have to figure out who it is you want to be. Not what you want to be - who. There has to be a vision, a dream, a plan, then you chase it with everything you’ve got.”


“We need to work hard and dream big dreams and chase those dreams with abandon, with zero regrets.”


“Every one of us has choices, and the way we frame them and make them sets us on our paths”


Laters,

No comments: