Monday, November 29, 2010

Tales of Writing and Christmas

It hasn’t occurred to me that I do such an excessive amount of writing on a daily basis. I used to think I did so little because I finished my the first book in my series. On any given day I might cut a few hundred words and maybe add a dozen or so. But then I realized just yesterday that I write a whole lot more. I write papers or homework assignments for classes. I work on my fan fictions which I write about 5,000 words per chapter and I write new chapters almost every day. I also work on other writing projects like short stories and my other books. This also includes scenes that just demand to be written. Some of them are long and some aren’t. for instance a death scene that occurs in the second series is 24 pages now and I just can’t leave it alone because I keep tweaking it. *sigh* Alas I’ve come to the conclusion I have an addiction to writing.



And in other news my favorite part of Thanksgiving break isn’t just going into the city to watch the parade but Christmas decorations!! We put up our Christmas tree on Saturday. We use a fake tree now since we have dogs. Pus between my older brother and I we’re not usually all home to go tree hunting like we did when we were younger. So the task of putting together the tree fell to me this year. My mum gives me the base and the stand and told me “It’s going to be a pain to put together. But it only takes me a half hour so you should have no problem.” So I diligently set about putting the base into the stand. It was frustrating because it didn’t line up and wouldn’t stay still. After 45 minutes my mum is like you must be doing something wrong. So she gets out the stand that’s for a real tree and screws the base into it in about 5 minutes and trys to put on the top piece which puts it pretty close to the ceiling and she’s like “Was it this tall last year?” I just left the room because I was so frustrated with the tree. About five minutes later my mum calls me back to thee living room and the branches are laid out by color and she’s holding a piece of the tree. And she informs me that the reason the base wasn’t going into the stand was because she had given me the wrong base. Needless to say I was not a happy camper. I spent 45 minutes putting the wrong base into the stand. It was easy to put the tree together with the right base…. Oh the joys of Christmas!

Laters,

No comments: