Thursday, September 22, 2011

Back to Europe

I flew into Frankfurt because my boyfriend lives really close to the German boarder so the closest airport is Frankfurt. Needless to say I was excited because I’d be in Europe less then 3 hours and I’d have been in 2 countries already!!


My flight got in about 40 minutes early. But I hoped that it would take a while to get my passport stamped and get my bag so that by the time I got out my boyfriend would be there. I was wrong. Everything seemed to work perfectly for me. By the time I walked out with my bags I was still early… so I pulled out my phone to see where my boyfriend was. And turns out my phone decided not to work.


Naturally I started to freak out a little. I couldn’t get in touch with anyone. So I just stood right by where you come out from arrivals. And I waited… turns out Frankfurt is a huge airport so the fact that my boyfriend was late was because it was the parking lot is far from arrivals. And it was. We got lost trying to find it again. But I didn’t care. I was in Europe. I was with my boyfriend. I was out of the states!


So it was off to France. His parent’s house was 2h 30 from the airport. It was hard not to fall asleep in the car but I did it because I wanted to see what everything looks like.


I love the way Europe looks. It’s nothing like New Jersey… or anywhere I’ve seen in the states. It’s flat… but hilly and it’s green and pretty and the trees are different.


The coolest part of the drive… going from Germany to France was easier then crossing a state line. No tolls no nothing. Just a sign letting you know you’d entered France.


So we went to his parent’s town. It’s legit the cutest town ever. The houses are so cute and exactly what you’d think of as the stereotypical French house. They eat from their garden. They eat chickens and ducks they raise and it's just so pretty and quiet. It made the fact that I was in Europe even more real.


After staying a few days in Bambiderstroff we went to Nancy because his school started Monday and he still needed to move in.


The drive to Nancy is about an hour and totally pretty!!



And Nancy itself! I’ve walked around some parts of the city but it’s so freaking pretty! I wish I spoke enough French to go to school here. I love that you have to walk to get groceries. I missed all the walking I did in Ireland while I was home this summer. Now I’m happy to be back in Europe walking a lot… oh and I’m legal to drink…








So my stay in France has consisted of a lot of fun things. The list is as follows in order of how much fun it was


1- Seeing my boyfriend
2- Eating lot of Cheese
3- Legally drinking
4- seeing lots of pretty places
5- Eating yummy food
6- Seeing all the windmills!!
7- Driving to Germany

My flight to London leaves tomorrow evening. I’m so excited! Orientation is Saturday after which I will officially be a UK student!!
 
Cheers,

No comments: