Sunday, September 11, 2011

Life in 30 Kilos

And it’s done!


I feel like I have achieved the impossible!! I’ve fit everything into one suitcase weighing 20 kilo and one carry one weighing around 10 kilo. My room is no longer filthy… then again it’s no longer my room. I leave today and it feels rather amazing to have accomplished so much.



That’s everything I’m donating, on the couch there… it’s only stuff… and I have a small pile of things that I would like to bring with me when I’m back over winter break. You know extra jackets… another pair of shoes or two. Because I’ve brought the bare essentials. I’ve got slippers/sandals (my adidas), my wellies, a pair of dress shoes and my converse. That’s it.


It was really hard when I was trying to finish packing this morning. I was still over weight and I was frustrated because I really didn’t have heavy things to take out and leave behind. I almost brought myself to tears as I laid everything out and seriously tried to think about what I could leave. It came down to having to leave clothes. I needed nearly everything else, I needed my backpack, my food (powerbars so I don’t have to buy food first thing) and other little odd things that will save me money when I first arrive.


But I did it and I’ll be on my way to the airport real soon. Everything still doesn’t seem real. I’ve been waiting for this all summer and here I am… actually doing it now…
 
Cheers,

No comments: