Monday, January 24, 2011

First Days of Ireland

Here’s the deal…. I’m in Ireland!!


I left Newark last Monday. I found a lot of kids from my program in the airport, it was nice to have met a few kids before I landed here. The flight over was amazing, since it was night I could only see the lights from the cities as we flew. It was beautiful.

It was a 6 hour flight and I tried my hardest to sleep but it was like trying to sleep on Christmas eve. We landed at the Shannon airport around 7 and it was still dark out! Which meant the bus ride to campus was so pretty cause the sun was just rising as we drove.

People told me the Ireland’s green but it’s REALLY green. It’s the middle of winter and the grass is still green! Like spring time green! I love it! On the walk to the grocery store I go across a bridge and you can see a huge green field then the hills in the back its breath taking.

I love the house I live in, there’s two floors with four rooms on each. My housemates on the first floor are all American and ¾ are from my program. My roomies on my floor are from Spain, Czech Republic, and France.

I was nervous the first day when my roomies moved in but they are cool. We’ve been making lunch for each other. The second day I made grilled cheese for lunch and my two roommates from Spain and Czech Republic hadn’t had it before so I felt so cool making it for them and introducing them to something “American”.

Here are a few photos of campus. I’ll have more pictures once I get the charger for my camera… I made the mistake of leaving it at home.

My very tiny but very awesome room

This is the path to campus
main campus!

walking into the village i live in


Laters,


No comments: