Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Back to the Drawing Board

With my first book in The Quest Quartet done it’s time I get around to starting the second one right? I’ve been dabbling in a few other of my writing projects since I finished and now that I’ve meandered back to the Quartet I have run into a problem. And quite a large problem at that.


I seem to have changed the plot too much… oops. Where I ended the first book isn’t where I’d originally planned to end it. In fact I completely altered it so that even my most current outline fails to be of use. And if you remember I’ve done quite a few extensive outline rearranging.


So I now must do another extensive rewrite to make things flow easily. Sad to say most of these rewrites are occurring in the second book. But I’m also sort of excited for this. After all I brought a character in three books before I had originally planned. So it’ll be interesting and fun. And who knows I might throw an outline out the window and just wing it… well not totally wing it… after all I have things to foreshadow and places to be seen… so as I return to the drawing board I’ll leave you with a bit of fun news.


My dad brought me mail this weekend and guess what was tucked in there? My postcard from DAW!! They officially logged in my manuscript on the 8th!! Woooo!! So I’m super excited and crossing my fingers that they’ll love it as much as I do!


Cheers,

No comments: