Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Vampire Hunting

And now for something completely different.

I'm off to search for Vampires!

Okay that's a lie. I'm just in Romania. Bucharest to be precise. What am I doing?  My normal blundering about without a plan. I've got a map and that's all the matters.

I'm staying at Little Bucharest Hostel. It's a. Insanely clean kitschy hostel. And the Christmas market ia a 5 minute walk away! How could my life get any better? 

This truth is I'm doing some personal recon for my vampire book. I'd started it ages ago but put it aside because EVERYONE was publishing YA vampire crap. But being here is the perfect touch to make it even more epic. I'll need a book distraction soon when I send my precious baby out to agents.

But my trip is winding down. Only 9 days to go. Thank goodness! My debit card is dead. It was eaten by an atm in Barcelona. So I have limited cash and credit cards are always hit or miss abroad. So I am being frugal and ingenious! Like a champ. Since I still have 2 cities after this. Then it's time to head home for Christmas!

I was on Skype with my mum this weekend and she was like we're not doing a big Christmas. Just homemade and shabby chic gifts.  I rolles my eyes as hard as I could because my budget has been consumed by presents and thw agony of repackaging get tougher each city. So a warning to my family you had better be excited as fuck for these epic presents! Sweat and tears have gone into bringing them home!

On a fun note it's rainy here and anow is on the ground. So I am glad I hit the charity shops in Edinburgh and got my heacy jacket!

Well I'm off to do some writing I just thought I'd let you know I've left the lovely Spanish weather for Romania.... and Christmas markets!!!!!

And don't think I forgot about my time in Spain. It's just a bit to amazing for an on the road blog post. I mean I made thanksgiving dinner. Had a winter barbecue. Wrote on a terrace overlooking Sangrada Famelia. And all the ham... it deserves an indepth post. I promise to make it worth the wait!

Cheers,
Taylor

No comments: