Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Sometimes the Universe has a Different Plan

I've learned a few things about divine timing over the years. Taking the plan of the universe into account is always a tough thing. So I've tried to stick with the philosophy of the plan is to have no plan.

A lot of crazy things have happened on my trip. Lots of divine intervention and all that good stuff. I tried to fight the 'take it slow' vibe. Bam I got sick in Fez and had to take it slow. Since being sick I have done my best to slow down.

I had had grand plans of jamming my trip full of shit. You know see all the sites eat all the food. But after being sick I literally couldn't. I was sick for a week in Fez then it took me a further week to get better and not be winded after 5 stairs. So I took it slow. And continued to take it slow.

A safe statement would be that I've seen more of my manuscript then some of the cities I've visited. But you know what that's just how the universe swung it. And damn have I done some amazing writing! Like no joke I'm looking over some of it today and I'm so proud of myself because it reads so well and I'm a bit like did I really write this?

Today is another of those curve balls the universe loves throwing me. I'm in Reykjavik, Iceland and there is a hardcore snow storm outside today. How hardcore? Wel it's -3'C (26.6'F) but it feels like -12'C (10.4'F) because of the 38 kmh (23.6 mpg) winds.

Yeah I'm not leaving the house. What's a girl to do? Well I was editing. Then I was like I should blog. But after this it's back to editing. The universe has been forcing me to edit and work on adding new chapters this whole trip now. I've whipped out this manuscript in fantastic places and just worked.

Even though I had planned on trying to site see and drink some famous coffee today that plan was shelved in favour of editing and staying warm. I really should be thanking the universe for making me work because otherwise I'd have a half edited manuscript with a shoddy ending. Instead due to all the time I've had to work on it I'd venture to say it's borderline perfect! It'll be editor ready by the new year's eve and I'll be contacting agents in January. Fingers crossed I'll be published by this time next year!

But I'm not planning on it. The universe might have something better planned....

Any how here are some pictures of where this bad ass manuscript has been worked on!

London Stansted Airport
Kasbah Mohayut,  Merzouga,  Morocco
My tent in the Sahara before bed time
the actual Sahara.  I'll be honest I only got through 3 or so pages before I was like fuck it's hot. I'll take pictures before going back.
Getafe,  Spain at Ana's flat
Barcelona,  Spain at Lenka's flat
Little Bucharest Hostel, Bucharest,  Romania
And today in snowy Iceland! 

Home again in 2 days! I'll see you the other side of the Atlantic! 

Cheers, 
Taylor

No comments: