Thursday, March 15, 2012

To the South and Back Part II

I arrived at Union Station at eight o’clock that night then I had to find the metro. I thought it’d be easy to find the merto there. For some odd reason I thought it would be inside the building and all you had to do was go down the steps. Nope you have to go out of Union Station. I found it and promptly boarded letting my aunt know I was on my way to the Vienna stop. It was good to see my aunt and have somewhere to crash. 
My original plan had been to stay till Sunday then meet up with my mum in Lancaster on a day trip. Then it started snowing and the weather was rather shitty. So I got stranded in Virginia. 
On the bright side I got to see Washington DC in the snow.
































Pretty right?
And I saw only a bit of the Natural History museum since they close early on weekends and I had gotten there late since  I had walked to see all the monuments first.










I got back to my aunts house with cold feet and fingers. But it was totally worth it! I still want to go back some time soon so I can see more of the museums. I suppose that’s another trip for another time though.
My stay at my aunts lasted an extra week. I was fine with it since I got to see my cousin EJ. I don’t see him very often now but we practically grew up together. So I enjoyed seeing him for a few days.
On that Friday I headed back into DC to catch a bus to New York City. My parents met me in the city and we enjoyed a small night in the city. Sushi for dinner then a bum around in Toys R Us





And a few pennies thrown into a fountain.


Over all it was a rather interesting trip South. But that was over a month and a half ago now. What have I been doing since? Not much really.


Cheers,

No comments: