Thursday, March 15, 2012

To the South and Back Part I

The joy of Christmas was quick to wear off. My brothers went back to school and I was left alone. Lucky for me though I had been thinking of going to visit my Grandmother in South Carolina. So I gave her a call and made plans for a little adventure south. I thought it would be cool to hop on Amtrak and head down.


So I bought a ticket from Newark Penn Station to Savannah Georgia and I left at the ungodly hour of six thirty in the morning. Taking the train was the cheapest way down but also the longest. A whole fourteen hours on the blasted train! Bonuses 1- I brought a sub to eat 2- the seats were big 3- I had my computer and an outlet. So it wasn’t horribly terrifying to be on the train for fourteen hours. 
When I finally got off the train in Savannah I had quite the odd thought because I hadn’t seen my grandmother in maybe for four years give or take a year. I’m kind a bad grandchild in that way. But I’d been email her while I was in Ireland and I wanted to go see her to talk about some of her trips. 


I spent a whole week in South Carolina. And it was really great. The weather was nice and warm. I walked my grandmother’s dog Tigger a lot so I was outside for a bit each day. We went out to lunch a few times. I cooked a few dinner. We chilled and watched TV shows. But I think the best part was jus getting to listen to some of my grandmother’s stories. We also went for a few drives and I got a few pictures, but I wasn’t there to sight see so the pictures were a bonus. 







^I LOVE the Spanish Moss^



After my foray in South Carolina I decided to stop by my aunt’s house. She lives really close to Washington DC. So I hoped back on Amtrak to Union Station DC, took the metro to Vienna and got picked up b my aunt. What happened next is another blog entirely. 


Cheers,

No comments: