Tuesday, March 3, 2015

12 Flights 7 Weeks: London Round 2

By now if you don’t know that I love London then just know now that London posts are always a mass of fangirling! Because London will always have a very fond place in my heart!

I got into London Victoria in the early evening and I didn’t do too much other then check into my hostel and walk over to Trafalgar Square because honestly I couldn’t be in London without being to my favourite place!! But other then that I didn’t see much because I wanted to go to sleep early as I wanted an early start. I had big plans of walking the whole city the next day!

And that’s just what I did.




I started the day at the Imperial War Museum. And I must say it was a really cool place. My favourite part was the World War 2 section. But I learned a lot about the First World War as well. And to me it was even more interesting to see it all from the British perspective because I obviously grew up the American version of the conflicts. So it was doubly educational to me.



I walked along the embankment to Saint Paul’s on my way to the monument! 






And I saw the Globe!

I’d wanted to do something really cool so I climbed the monument! All 311 steps!








And it was a lovely view to be honest. Not the widest view as the monument is only    tall. It’s not the Shard after all. But I’d never been anywhere high up in London. So it was fun to get pretty pictures from a new perspective.

I wandered over to the Tower of London for the first time ever. The Poppy Instillation commemorating the First World War was up and it looked stunning! There were a whole lot of people there though.





Then I decided why not head up to Kings Cross. I hadn’t seen Platform 9 and ¾ since my visit in 2011. So I started the hike up there… saw an original Banksy on the way


And got rained on.




But I still made it and Geronimo got a photo opp with Hedwig. 


More on this cutie later though. He’ll get his own post at the end of all of this.

And since I was in the same general area I headed over to see North Gower Street.



I had a fangirl moment. And seriously contemplated moving because yes that is a To Let sign! But I hustled myself along because it was still raining!

I wandered back to my hostel to pick up my pack. I was headed to the airport!! I was staying over night in Stansted because I had an early flight and I hate getting up at 2am to catch a 6am flight. Plus I love sleeping in airports! And I was ever so stoked about my next leg of travel! After all 15 days in Morocco seemed like an awfully grand adventure and I was ready to get started!


Cheers,

No comments: