Monday, March 2, 2015

12 Flights 7 Weeks: Salisbury


I walked over to the Salisbury visitor information because I like my maps of places. Now Salisbury really isn’t that big at all. It’s cute and small but still has some very cool sites to see. 

The main site being the Cathedral that I saw twice, during the day…


 And at night...



I also so some of the inside (I didn't splurge to actually go inside)




Now walking around the city you’ll see that it’s rather intact post World War 2. That’s because Salisbury was never bombed during the war. That’s because the Cathedral was a marker for the German’s and they didn’t want to bomb the city and risk losing their marker. So that’s why everything is still beautifully old.

I don't remember too many fun facts about the town but I do remember about the Poultry Cross. It was built in the 14 hundreds and marked where the centre of commerce was. There happened to be a street market the day I was walking around.


I also went into this smaller church but it was pretty and the windows! You know how I love stained glass windows!!







And just a few more cute pictures!








And I saw this building as well. It has a white heart on top and I can't for the life of me remember what was so important about this building. It was something along the literary lines...



After seeing all the sites and enjoying a coffee it was time to move on. I had to catch my train to Bath! And it was couchsurfing time!

And of course my red phone booth picture. I'm quite proud of it!


Cheers,

No comments: