Thursday, March 4, 2010

Write, Summarize, Throw out, Rewrite

First off I finished my outline for my second series. Instead of it going Quest Quartet, Final thread Trilogy, Saga of Resurrected Blood… it shall now go Quest Quartet, Final Thread Quartet. At least that’s the plan now. If the books get too long then it may be a quintet or a six book saga. We’ll see. So this now means my dorm wall is back to normal. It took two hours but I did it! The reason it took so long was I had to think things through sort of prewrote scenes in my head and so on so I could come up with the best and most epic series! And I did. It’s going to be beyond AMAZING! Really it is.



Anyhow on to my main reason for posting. In my writing class we’ve been reading some of Peter Elbow’s work. And he had talked about writing something through, summarizing it, throwing it out, and writing it again. It sounded beyond ridiculous to me when my teacher was talking about it cause it seemed like a waste of time to write something then throw it out just to rewrite it again. So to sort of tangent up to this point I’ve been stuck in editing cause I’m still at the beginning where there is a lot of boring traveling and its gross. So I’ve been trying figure out how to fix this. Then it snapped in my head… summarize it… throw it out… rewrite it!!! So that’s my project for tonight. Which means no Uno tonight. Haha.


Okay so I’ve played Uno with the guys that dorm next door to me cause Whiteman is a coed dorm! Whoot! And at the beginning of the year I totally thought they were annoying… nope turns out they’re just like my older brother and his friends…. Wait… that does make them annoying and lots of fun to hang out with. Which is fun. I have more friends on campus! Yay!






Laters,

No comments: