Saturday, December 31, 2011

Christmas Markets

I’m a bit behind on my posts… so today I’ll play catch up. 
I’ve always been one to love Christmas. I love the time of year, the decorations and the family and friends. I was looking forward to Christmas time in Europe as I was curious how they celebrated and all. Turns out it’s amazing! Nancy had lights up and the tree that I posted about here
And Europe has Christmas markets! These markets are a pocket of epic Christmas cheer. My first Christmas market was in Nancy. Damien and I walked over to the market one night, it was kinda rainy and windy but it was totally amazing. I fell in love with Christmas markets. Why?









Why not? I mean come on look how cute it is! It was all tiny and cute and Christmasy. And I tried my first muled wine.


It tasted rather horrible. But Damien’s mum made some at home and it was amazing! 
Then I had my second Christmas Market run in in Strasbourg. It was the cutest thing right. You see Damien had told me that he had a surprise for me that weekend and he refused to say where we were going. So I got ready Saturday afternoon and we got ready to go. Damien’s dad said something about Strasbourg and I got really excited. Turns out we were going to Strasbourg for the Christmas market! I’d been dying to go to Strasbourg for a few weeks. Plus we get there and it turns out Strasbourg is the capitol of Christmas! It was a really amazing surprise and I loved it! 












I thought I was going to die of a Christmas overload…. But that’s impossible as I love Christmas so much. But it was so pretty and amazing!


Cheers, 

No comments: