Monday, August 31, 2009

Playlist And Vayger Scene

Greetings!


I moved in to my dorm yesterday. Yay! I’m officially a college student, how exciting! After I unpacked I sat down and did some hardcore writing. Yesterday I wrote almost ten pages! That’s pretty good for me because I usually get side tracked by whatever, but with just my roommate and I around there’s like nothing to distract me… except to pick out music. So I got this great idea to do a play list post. Basically this is the music that I’ve been listening to while I’ve been writing lately. It’s in my iTunes as my Inspiration play list…. Great name right. Any how I’ve decided to arrange them as the top 13 most played this time. And I’ll also include the scene I’ve been working on. Enjoy!

Scene: When the Quest Quartet first arrive in Vayger and don’t get quite the warm fuzzy greeting they’d expected.


1. The Call -- Regina Spektor
2. Love Song -- Taylor Swift
3. Who I Am Hates Who I’ve Been [Acoustic] -- Relient K
4. Must Have Done Something Right -- Relient K
5. Legacy -- Sanctus Real
6. Until The Day I Die -- Story Of The Year
7. If It Means A Lot To You -- A Day To Remember
8. Waking The Demon -- Bullet For My Valentine
9. More Then It Seems -- Kutless
10. Overture -- Andrew Lloyd Webber (for Phantom of the Opera)
11. Just Another Star -- Bullet For My Valentine
12. Up and Up [Acoustic] -- Relient K
13. Forever and Always -- Bullet For My Valentine
Laters,
T.V.


Oh p.s. here’s a little snippit of the scene…..

Jamie did not have a chance to throw a retort at Billy before they came upon Vayger. Little Gnome children ran about barefoot in the street as older Gnomes gathered. Luke’s heart leapt into his throat as he saw so many familiar faces. Mounts were pulled to halts and the new comers dismounted. “Can that really be you Luke?” a Gnome asked in his native tongue.
“Yes.” Luke bowed.
“Well who is it that you’ve brought with you? Criminals? It seems like the stunt a no good Gnome like you would do.”
“What issue do you have with Luke?” Jamie asked in perfect Gnomish as she stepped forward.
“He is no good. He abandoned Vayger and everything we Gnomes stand for. Why should we let him back into our town?”
“You should allow him to enter because this is his home town and,”
“It don’t make a difference if this is his home town or not.” a Gnome said as he stepped forward brandishing a sword. Jamie’s hands flew to her sword hilts.
“Why do you draw a sword at us?”
“You’re likely to be some group of criminals come to hide out here. Or you might be a group that’s lookin’ to mooch off us good folk for the winter.” another Gnome came out of the crowd with a sickle.
“I assure you we are neither. All we wish if for a night’s stay, we can pay for food and lodging. There is no need for you all to be getting so defensive with us.”
“Jamie… just let it drop. We can go around. I know some paths we can take.” Luke said as he tugged at her sleeve but she did not budge.
“No Luke. I do not think that they are treating you fair. I will not tolerate people treating my friends this way.” Jamie’s legs bent slightly as she crouched into a battle ready stance. Behind her Jamie felt her friends tense and she knew they wanted a fight as little as she did.
“We cannot allow you to stay here if you all are renegades. It’ll be bad news for Vayger see.”
“Oh I understand where your false fears come from. But we are not renegades. You assume too much and on the pretext that we are traveling with Luke. That my friend is very closed minded of you.”
“If you are no band of marauders then why does your hand stray to your blade so fast?” a gnome in short trousers asked.
“Why do your fellows take up arms so fast?” Jamie quipped. As the gnome turned to look at his fellows he saw that many of them now had weapons out. They started to advance toward Jamie. “It would not be wise of you to attempt this.” she drew her sword halves out spun them with blinding accuracy and then connected them in a swift movement so she could spin windmill them in front of her. The Gnomes who had taken up arms faltered in their advance. Jamie smiled and checked her blade’s movement so it stopped in mid spin. “So is this how Vayger will be remembered for welcoming The Quest Quartet? You take out swords and sickles to greet us? Very odd… ” Jamie spun her double ended blade in another blinding display of moves. She vaulted over her moving blade and landed in a couch as she smacked her blade down on the dirt. Her gaze fixed on the gnomes and the closest ones took steps away from her.
“What do you all think you’re doing?” a voice chimed from the crowd. Everyone fell silent and a path was made for the speaker. A pretty little Gnome came through the crowd. She wore leather trousers and a green linen shirt, her brown hair was pulled back in a loose bun.

No comments: