Thursday, February 3, 2011

Without a Lab Coat

It’s rainy. It’s windy. It’s cold. I forgot to set an alarm and missed my 10 a.m. tutorial. And even better… I’ve just been shamed from my bio lab. Turns out you need a lab coat and goggles. Glad I knew this. Now I’m that “Stupid American.” What a perfect way to start my day.


So as I was walking miserably back to my house I ran into one of my friends in my exchange. He had just dropped of his schedule, which was what I was doing. I also told him of my failure a few minutes before. He laughed and said that he had a lab coat that he didn’t need this semester. So we walked back to his house and I have a lab coat now. It’s a good thing I left class.

And even better it’s getting sunny out now and I’m going into city centre to get a dress for the international ball tonight. It’s James Bond theme, so naturally I’ve got to get something classy and a bit slutty. We’ll see if I can pull it off.

I’m dedicating my time between now and when I leave to writing. Before I’d met my friend on my way I’m ashamed to say I was depressed and wishy washy. Sure I miss my family a bit but I miss my writing a hell of a lot more. I haven’t done any writing (excepts blogs) since I got here. Writing really effects my moods so I think I need to do some hard core writing to vent some. I also need to start writing daily. Since I’ve been in Ireland I’ve dropped my habit of writing in my notebook once a day… so I think I’m going to start doing that again.

Cheers,

No comments: