Tuesday, February 15, 2011

I Fear........

For me Ireland has been like a nice hard slap in the face. I’ve been here for nearly a month and a lot of things have been put into perspective for me. This fact is what inspired an entry in my writing journal. So I’ve typed it up to share with you. I hope that I can do a little inspiring with my thoughts here!


Some people fear heights.

Others fear death.

I fear wasting my life.

I don’t want to wake up one morning and realize I’m 45 and have done nothing with my life. That’s what I fear most. So far I’ve wasted 20 years of my life, that’s two decades, on education and school work. Mind you I’ve learned a lot and I don’t regret it but it’s done nothing but make me thirst for more.

More what?

More knowledge.

More places.

More memories.

More books.

More everything.

I want to see everything and do everything. I’m working toward this goal… slowly. I’ve started with a few small steps. I hope that these small steps become long running strides. I hope that in coming to Ireland I’ve made my small steps just a little bigger. I want these steps to take me to grand places so that when I wake up one morning in the distant future I can be content with my life.

I don’t want to be someone with a bucket list. My whole life should be a bucket list. Everything I do should be an adventure. Every class I take, every place I travel, every person I meet should be my bucket list. I want to be able to tell my children about the crazy things I’ve done, I don’t want to be boring. Because boring is not in my vocabulary.

I don’t want boring tagged onto my life in any way shape or form. True the start of my life was ordinary but not boring. Besides I’m only 20 and my adventure is just starting. You see where I am today isn’t where I want to be tomorrow. I want to grow and change and move on.

So how am I going to do this?

I’ll be myself. I’ll do what I want, when I want. I won’t let others put limitations on my life. I won’t place limitations on my life. I’ll strive everyday not to be boring. I swear to myself to love me and the things I do. I promise not to be apologetic for my actions. Above all else I swear not to wake up 30 years from now and regret my life.


Cheers,

No comments: