Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Charity Shop

I’d like to believe that I don’t dress like normal people. I refuse to wear popular clothes brands like American Eagle. The only clothes that I’ll buy new are jeans and those are from PacSun. Otherwise the rest of my wardrobe consists of second hand clothes, unless I see a super cute shirt for cheap in the store. In the states I always shopped at the second hand store, not only is it cheap but there are a lot of cool things that come in.


During high school I volunteered at The Open Cupboard second hand store. It was great because I was a pricer and pretty much got first dibs on clothes. I’ve had a lot of really expensive dresses and shirts come home with me. Like my prom dress….

Shopping at second hand stores gave me more money to spend on other things which was nice. But it’s funny because people will ask where I got a cute top or something and when I say it’s second hand 90% of the time they get this odd look. Just because it’s second hand doesn’t mean it’s dirty or over used. I’m a very savvy second hand shopper and I don’t buy things that look old or damaged or dirty.

One of the things I was looking forward to most was being able to second hand shop here in Europe! And today I finally found three charity shops! I was so excited and I got some tops, skirts, scarves, and 2 dresses for under 25 Euro. I was soooo excited! I can’t wait to wear my new finds in the states and tell people I got it in Ireland! I also can’t wait to go back, because I’m sure they’re like most second hand stores the stuff they have is different week to week.

Cheers,

No comments: