Wednesday, February 23, 2011

These shoes make my feet look big

This was my dilemma. I’d brought my converse as my main pair of shoes. Little did I know that the Irish weather wouldn’t agree with them. So they’re muddy and gross now. This means I’ve been on the search for a new pair of trainers. Every time I’ve been to Pennys I’ve looked in the shoes department for something cute and cool and never found anything. Why? Because none of the shoes I wanted came in my size.

This has been the story of my life since I hit puberty and my feet started growing. In middle school all the boys thought it was funny and they’d call me big foot because by 6th grade I was already wearing a womens 9. My feet have long since stopped growing and I’m a large size 11 almost a size 12.

Having such big feet makes it very hard to ever find shoes. They’re either ugly or too wide. And since most people don’t have such large feet stores rarely have size 11 shoes. On the bright side if I want to wear high heels I just need to find ones with 3 or 4 inch heels and I can wear a size 10.

But when it comes to trainers I’ve always hated shopping for shoes. Only ugly ones ever fit me. In high school I found out a little secret… lots of guys have big feet. And in guy size I’m a 9 which is small so there are always plenty of guys shoes that’ll fit me.

Now back to my current predicament. Today I went into city centre looking for shoes and clothes for my older brother. I went into the guys department of Pennys looking for my brother and I spotted the coolest looking trainers. Of course a light went off in my head. Why hadn’t I thought of it before!! I made a very quick dash to the trainers and started looking for my size. My converse told me I was a 42.5 European size so I figured I’d try the 42s on. Nope tooooo small, it was a little depressing. So I searched for a 43 and low and behold they had them!!!!

I was so happy to have such a sexy replacement for my dingy converse, that I’d failed to actually see how they looked on my feet. So I got home and put both of them on and holy cow they make my feet look huge. After a deep breath I remind myself I have huge feet and all shoes will make my feet look like flippers. So no biggie.

Although I’ve come to terms with my big feet a tiny problem still remains. I hate shoe shopping because I know there’s such a tiny chance that the really cute shoes will come in my size. Most girls love shoe shopping and hate bathing suit shopping. I’m the opposite. I’d rather swim suit shop then go look at shoes. That’s how much I truly hate it. So I’m destined to wear guys trainers for the rest of my life and I’m down with that because some of them are super trendy!

Cheers,

No comments: