Wednesday, May 6, 2015

12 Flights 7 Weeks: Edinburgh

As sad as it was to leave Rome I was excited because I was off to a new City! Edinburgh!! Since Kelly was taking a semester there I had a place to stay and she knew all the charity shops and the best bars!

Where to start! It was an insane 5 days in Scotland. We hit the Christmas market.... like twice. Because you should know by now how much I LOVE Christmas Markets. And it was the start of Christmas Market season! Wooooo!!!







We had mulled wine...




We totally stole those mugs. Okay well not really stole them. We had to put down a two pound deposit. We decided we wanted the mugs more the our money back. So now we have matching mugs we snapchat to each other whenever we have coffee from them.

My hair was long over due for a dye so I dyed it and had a beer... 




We were cooking dinner for Kelly's guy friend and his friend. Strap yourself in because this is a great story of how I got proposed too.

So we were making up the pasta we got in Rome and Kelly underestimated the amount of pasta sauce we had so after prepping everything and turning off the garlic bread I headed around the corner to Sainsbury Local to grab a spare jar of sauce. 

On my way out I got catcalled by a group of guys and I rolled my eyes and they were like where are you going? and I was like to get pasta sauce. They were like we'll wait here for you.

I got the sauce and headed back and I'll be damned if they didn't wait!

So I had to stop and chat. They wanted to know what dorm I was in and I told them I was only visiting a friend and they got upset because they said I was the first good looking girl they had seen around. Then the one guy said my skirt was cute. And I laughed and said it was a cute skirt anyone could pull off. So he was joking like okay switch for my trousers. My stocking I had on were dark around the top so they looked like shorts so I switched for his pants. He didn't look as fetching in my skirt. But the one wearing my skirt was like why can't you stay longer and I was like visa issues duh, I'd have to get married. He was like okay marry me then, I smiled and accepted then told me we had to wait till he finished Uni. I ended our engagement then because I was looking for a right then marriage. So his friend gets down on one knee and proposes. Obviously I accepted. And we went back to their dorm to take a shot and switch pants back. I was tempted to throw Kelly over for these very cute Scottish boys. Long story short I went back to Kelly and thank heavens I did because two weeks later on Facebook I saw that my future husband was just turning 18!! I'm lucky it wasn't a serious proposal!! Hahaha

I head back to Kelly's dorm and i walk in to find out that she had in fact set the garlic bread on fire. And her guy friend realised that she was not a good cook. But dinner was still delightful!

Then we hit up Kelly's favourite bar!




It was awesome! And to kick our hangovers the next day we made a full Scottish breakfast!!!!! It was so epic we each had two plates




Ahh Black Pudding!!!!! I love it so much... and miss it.... I'd totally kill for some right now....

At this point in my journey I realised that I needed an actual winter jacket. So we hit up the Christmas market and got a yummy snack then off to the Charity shops we went! And we legit went to about 10 shops and in the last one i picked up this treasure....




For only ten pounds! And it was the best find of my whole trip because it was amazing and kept me warm in my future freezing cities! On the way back we hit up the super market because we were making Chinese food for a dinner party with Kelly's Brazilian friends. We made tons of food....

Way too much. 




But what was with pointy cabbage!




I think Edinburgh was an epic stop off and a grand way to end my stint of travel with Kelly. 

I was up early the next morning to catch my flight to Dublin for a 5 hour lay over before heading to M
adrid! Thanksgiving was the next day and I was looking forward to cooking for by Spanish Sister!



Cheers,

No comments: