Thursday, February 25, 2010

Excerptness

In honor of my fantastic editing so far I thought I’d share a wee bit from the beginning…. So here it is!!







When Neal started coming to he was bobbing up and down with the motion of a horse. But apparently he was not the only one on the horse for there was an arm around him and he could see the other one on the reigns. To add to it his head was on the persons shoulder. Neal sat upright and would have fallen off if the person’s thin muscular arm had not held him in place. Neal turned to find himself looking into light blue eyes. “I was wondering when the mud boy would wake up.” Said a girl’s voice. Neal’s eyes took in the whole of the face.


“Jamie I knew you’d fallow me!” said Neal throwing his arm around her without falling.


“We were waiting only a few human strides down the road when we saw the highway men. So we waited for the opportune moment then struck. They were taken aback so they were easily taken. Then we picked you up and we went on.”


“We, what is this we stuff. Who is with you?” Neal said.


“Tantin also known as Mr. Billy Bones.” Jamie said airily. This time Neal really fell out of the saddle.


“Ow.” He yelped as he hit the dusty road. Jamie pulled her horse, Heir, to a stop. Another two horses trotted to the other side of Neal, he sat up. When he looked up he had to shield his eyes from the sun. “Oh no! By Zantor! I’m gonna kill you Jamie I’m gonna kill you both.”


“By Billy!” Billy reached down to help Neal up but Neal fell back onto the ground and would have started hitting his head on the ground but pain shot through his spine and he sat bolt upright. “Come on. Up. Up!” Said Billy’s annoying voice.


“No I’ll die here thank you.” Neal crossed is arms like an angry child.


“Get your sorry ass up.” said Jamie clearly annoyed. She dismounted her golden chestnut gelding, walked other to Neal yanked him off the ground, picked him up and put him in the saddle of Jam. “Now we are all going to the Snowy Waste. Whether you sissies like it or not.”


“Now see here old chap” Billy started, but changed his mind after a glare from Jamie “Chappette?” He looked back at Jamie but just received a roll of her eyes. “I Sir Tantin Exyel am not a sissy! Just because I ran and hid in the bushes and screamed like a little five Elson old girl when you chopped that one’s head off does not mean that I’m a sissy.”






If you want to read the beginning excerpt from The Snowy Waste check it out on my website! HERE

Laters,

No comments: