Friday, February 5, 2010

Narrative and FanFic

Hey all,



Happy Friday! Yay! Okay this week was another fantastic week! And I’m totally excited cause in my writing class we have to write a literary narrative which is basically how we got to be the writer that we are today. And I sat down last night and powered through it and I think it’s fantastic although I’m not too sure what Dr. Chandler is looking for so I’m quite nervous because I just sort of wrote…… and I usually don’t do that with academic essays… so I’m nervous. Any how it’s only the rough draft so I can always go back and fix it to what she’s looking for. But I simply must share my intro paragraph because I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it.


“It only takes a single idea to change a life. One firefly in the night of your mind to illuminate a new path. A path that can bring you into the darkest depth of your mind where ideas linger on limbs waiting to be picked like a ripe apple. I ignored that path for many years, mainly because what writing was linked to in my mind and what I was taught writing was in school. When you are younger writing is strictly how you write, whether it be in cursive or print, and your grammar along with spelling. I was good at none of that so writing was something I did only if required to do so. Then it became evident that technology was intimately twined with writing and it had been so for the past years but I had not seen this. Again because of the stigma writing held in my mind. But when that stigma was left in the dirt and I took the path illuminated I found that there were more than ideas lingering in my mind. My definition of writing was in fact rewritten and someone who hated writing became one who relied on writing. It has now become something that drives me to wake up in the morning, something that makes all the misspellings worth making, something that has changed my life.” Amazing right? And for some reason I just liked the whole idea of having a forest of ideas in my head so I drew that picture of a tree of thought. Haha. Too bad I don’t have drawing skills. But I still like it. If you want to read my whooooool entire eight page narrative it’s up on my other blog as Blog 5. So yup….

Now I totally need to update you all. So remember how I told you I started my fanfic… ya so I’m still working on that between edits. And I’ve got five chapters up now. Weee. Now let me just tell you how awesome it is…. 37 reviews…. 20 Favorite Story adds….. 38 Alert adds… yay! And now I refuse to tell you what the title is or where it can be found because to be honest it’s just shoddy work. But I like it in a way cause it’s just free writing with a plot and people just tell me how amazing my writing skills are and it makes me happy but I laugh at the same time because it’s not my best. I don’t even read over the chapters…. But it’s still cool that so many people read it!


Have a stellar weekend!


Laters,
T.V.


No comments: