Sunday, February 28, 2010

Olympics/ Avoiding work

Avoiding completing my Literacy Narrative Rewrite…. So … the closing ceremony is tonight for the Olympics…. *tear* I’m gonna miss yelling at the TV about how the judges were wrong and how good America is. Hahahaha. My mum and I had what she calls “Olympic Fever”. When I was home we were so intense about it and watching it was quite loud. Even when I was watching it with my friends on campus. Haha. So mainly I’m going to miss cheering on my favorite athletes. I’d posted earlier about Apolo Anton Ohno… *sigh* he’s such a fantastic athlete and he’s such a good sport. Like when he was disqualified in the 500m (which btw he did nothing wrong) he was chill in the interview right after he said he thought it was unfair but he didn’t get all angry about it.
I would have been blowing off steam about how the judge was bias and what not. But Apolo was just classy about it. And tonight I was watching him talk about it and he was still classy about it and didn’t bitch when he has every right to. Plus when I follow him on facbook and a status of his yesterday was “Wow!!! 8!!!!! And to share it with the team makes it even more special! Yesss!! What an epic journey!!” That’s just so cool that he’s happy with everything he got at this game. We need more athletes like Apolo. And Shaun White. Can you say amazing! He’s got mad skills at snowboarding! Like seriously! And he’s only 23 that’s my brother’s age!
And he’s got his own clothing line and I’m also blown away by him cause he’s just so happy with everything that he’s won. Like when he had the half pipe finals he could have just gone right down that middle and still won but he went ahead and did his double McTwist (which was beyond epic)! So ya… just my rant on how awesome we did this year at the Olympics!




I suppose I’ve gotta finish my narrative now….


Laters,

No comments: