Monday, January 18, 2010

If I don't write to empty my mind, I go mad

Good Afternoon,
Today is going to be an all day writing day for me. I figured I might as well since classes start tomorrow and I don’t know what my new work load will be. so I thought I’d have fun today. Any who…. I was looking for a good writing quote to put as my facebook status and I came across a lot of really good ones so I’m just going to post them here cause they rock! Enjoy!

  • If there's a book you really want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it. ~Toni Morrison
  • I'm not a very good writer, but I'm an excellent rewriter. ~James Michener
  • Being an author is like being in charge of your own personal insane asylum. ~Graycie Harmon
  • There's nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and open a vein. ~Walter Wellesley
  • The role of a writer is not to say what we all can say, but what we are unable to say. ~Anaïs Nin
  • Writing is a socially acceptable form of schizophrenia. ~E.L. Doctorow
  • I try to leave out the parts that people skip. ~Elmore Leonard
  • Substitute "damn" every time you're inclined to write "very;" your editor will delete it and the writing will be just as it should be. ~Mark Twain
  • Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart. ~William Wordsworth
  • Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass. ~Anton Chekhov
  • Easy reading is damn hard writing. ~Nathaniel Hawthorne
  • Ink and paper are sometimes passionate lovers, oftentimes brother and sister, and occasionally mortal enemies. ~Emme Woodhull-Bäche
  • I love writing. I love the swirl and swing of words as they tangle with human emotions. ~James Michener
  • A synonym is a word you use when you can't spell the other one. ~Baltasar Gracián
  • The only cure for writer's block is insomnia. ~Merit Antares
  • If I don't write to empty my mind, I go mad. ~Lord Byron
  • You write to communicate to the hearts and minds of others what's burning inside you. And we edit to let the fire show through the smoke. ~Arthur Polotnik
  • Pen names are masks that allow us to unmask ourselves. ~C. Astrid Weber
  • How vain it is to sit down to write when you have not stood up to live. ~Henry David Thoreau
  • Read a book and give you imagination wings. ~ Taylor R. Vangclear
Laters,
T.V.


No comments: