Tuesday, October 11, 2011

I Haven’t Been Myself Lately

Paris is calling to me… and I’ve talked my boyfriend into to going with me this weekend. We leave Sunday morning and come back to Nancy Monday afternoon. Perfect right?

Then Friday we leave for Spain. It’s a mini Ireland reunion. I’m meeting up with my friends from last semester at my friend’s place in Murcia Spain. Then from there I’m taking a tour of Spain.

Or at least that was the plan…

Till my bank decided I wasn’t myself.

So my account got locked and I couldn’t by tickets around Spain. And thus a clown operation ensued.
Lucky for me my mum was going to the bank that morning anyway and she ended up getting it sorted. My debit card I have is now void. They issued me a new one and my mum was going to send it to me… but it turns out that one didn’t work. So she had to go back to the bank and get another one.

That one worked. And she’s overnighting it to me so I’ll be back to normal Friday. But that still left me with no cash…

So I had to call the TD branch when I was at an ATM and they were able to open my account for a few minutes for me to get cash. Then my old card was really dead.

I’ll be myself again Friday and hopefully they won’t think it suspicious of me to book flights, hostels, and trains around Spain. If they do… well I’ll be stuck in Spain without money and I can think of things that would be worse.

My Europe Adventure just keeps getting better and better with the outlandish situations. I wonder what’ll happen next…….


Cheers,

No comments: