Thursday, December 10, 2009

New Beginning

Hello ladies and gentlemen,

So I was writing yesterday and for some reason I decided that I was unhappy with the way that The Snowy Waste starts. So I was like okay I’ll think on it later I want to finish this scene first. Nope didn’t happen the beginning would not let me be so I decided to try and think around for ideas. It was a hard process so I started to pole all my friends on their favorite books and what they liked about the beginning. Out of everyone I asked three things popped up every time. (1) Fast paced (2) Foreshadowing and (3) personal touch (from a character). If you’ve read the excerpt I currently have up on my site you’ll know I’ve got 2 & 3. I naturally wanted to have all three so I tried to come up with how to make it awesome and lure in a reader because we all know that the beginning is very important. If the first ten pages are bad then no one is going to read it. As I sat in my dorm room staring at my computer screen waiting for an idea to pop in my head low and behold one did! It was fantastic I got so excited I had to explain it to my roommate and suitemate who were both chilling in the room and then I proceeded to make very happy noises and a little dance sort of thing…. Now I am quite sure they think I’m toughly insane… I will have to agree with them. Any how I got soo hyper and excited that it just made my day. so I typed during philosophy class and it was a good game. I’m so glad semester is nearly over because I hate my philosophy class it’s really boring and I’ve learned nothing… so I’m excited that I will be moving out in 8 days!! Yay! I’m just excited to go home and see the Christmas decorations, cause that’s pretty much my favorite part of the holiday is all the decorations! And I get to spend a whole month with my cute wiener dogs…. When I get a picture of ‘em I’ll post it.

Laters,
T.V.

No comments: